KOS – Malawi Bhai Bhai
- NAME: Malawi Bhai Bhai
- BREEDER: KOS
- GROWING/BREEDING STYLE: True Living Organics (TLO)
- LINE: Cherry Malawi x Bhai Bhai
- LIGHTING: MH/LED/T5
- PHOTOPERIODS: Sprouting 16/8, Veg 18/6, Flowering 11.5/12.5
- SMELLS: Candy Sweet Facets; Red Starburst & Honey Oil
- WEIGHT: Bigguns
- FLOWERING TIME INDOORS: 70 Days
- SATIVA/INDICA/RUDI RATIOS: Sativa Dominant 75%+
- HARVEST OUTDOORS: Unknown but likely 1st week of November—in northern hemisphere
- GERMINATION RATE: 90%+
- GENERATION: F1 Hybrid
- BREEDING STYLE: Normal/Regular seeds
- SEXUAL RATIOS M/F: 50/50 Usually
- STRETCH: 2.5x to 3x
The (paternal P1) father is my Cherry Malawi; a hybrid of landrace Malawi I acquired from South Africa over a decade ago from “Tokestar”. And my old F3 Cherry Bomb out of Hawaii, also acquired over a decade ago. This male brings some serious resistances, vigor, and heartiness to the hybrid; along with massive resin production and high yields. Also, the Cherry Malawi is well known for creeper/intense potency with effects that last 4 hours easily and imparts exotic honeysuckle terpenes to the whole flavors and smells side of things.
The female was hybridized by a good old friend of mine, Opie Kenope. He crossed an old-school Burmese (back from when it was still called Burma) with a Juicyfruit Thai. These are fairly incredible hybrids, especially for sativa lovers, but due to the Juicyfruit Thai being the Canadian hybrid and not the one from Holland, there is some impressive indica facets to the high-type. Also, the yields are very good with these, large dense buds dripping resin. I coined the name for this cross calling it “Bhai Bhai” a whimsical contraction of Burmese and Thai.
Malawi Bhai Bhai:
Unlike the previous release, the Congo Bhai Bhai, this hybrid will be a bit more on the relaxing side—not sleepy at all—and very little or no “edge” to the high. The mother Bhai Bhai has intense Starburst smells and flavors that are just delicious. From breeding with the Cherry Malawi many times in the past, I am confident the smells and flavors will remain dominant in the Malawi Bhai Bhai hybrid.
Points to Consider Growing Cindy Congo f2 Hybrid:
- I wouldn’t recommend growing this outdoors along the coast, or where any kind of morning fog or mist is a thing. She may be alright with limited exposure, but I would advise against it.
- Like any vigorous wild child sativa she can get out of control fast. Make sure you have your plant bondage skills ready for her. Topped she will turn into a crazy huge medusa.
- Outdoors she can get HUGE; so be ready for that. She excels outdoors in moderate southern latitudes.
- She’s not really fussy except when it comes to over feeding or overwatering.
- Only flower clones of her in containers, it makes a crazy difference.
SPECIAL GROWING INSTRUCTIONS:
Please do not sprout these on a 24/0 photoperiod and KOS recommends a photoperiod of 16/8 for sprouting and until 30 days old Never use a 24/0 photoperiod. Always allow plants (or clones of plants; and clones are the same age that the seed plant would be no matter how many clones of clones) to get at least 60 days old from sprouting, before starting to flower, for maximum resin production. KOS always recommends organically growing our gear for the full appreciation of smells and flavors.
The Malawi Bhai Bhai is surely easy to grow and will clone like a dream. I would highly recommend only flowering clones indoors to allow her to reach maximum resin production potential. Her smalls and flavors will be epic.