The paternal (male) P1 breeder was a single selected Bogglegum. I selected him based on my empirical experience with these true genetics myself. BOG made these seeds using his Bubblegum and Northern Lights #5 genetics; I assume the male was the NL#5 and he was using the old school real deal Bubblegum clone. I have had that clone in my possession in the past, along with growing a shit-ton of NL#5 so I selected the male based on everything-Bubblegum and I got a great one. Super stinky male, sweet, with large floral development consistent with what I believe (from experience) were the Bubblegum dominant expressions.
The Kali Thai was made long ago by my old buddy Opie Kenope, and is a cross of the pre-2000 Kali Mist and the long IBL Juicyfruit Thai; not the Dutch version, this was a shorter stocky more indica looking plant that was grown a lot in certain parts of Canada—wink. Fast and covered in resin with a real disabling resin profile, and intense what I would call “drooling on your shoes” weeds.
The Fat Tuesday Hybrid:
The Kali Mist and Bubblegum are both especially evident in these offspring, along with some hefty cola sizes via the Bubblegum, JFT, and NL#5. She is a true sweet & sour type when it comes to her smells and flavors. Believe me when I tell you that these terpenes are unique as hell and stand apart from 90% of the smells/flavors out there. Her potency is legendary and the f3s will be a playground of awesome genetic expressions floating around in a couple, or maybe a few phenotype forms—and I mean yikes.
The Fat Tuesday high-type is an intense one, and she will almost always “cut through” any high you have going on and re-write it on the spot, heh heh. Intense with long-long legs, and she is so intense that I would caution peeps that get paranoid when smoking certain types of cannabis to be mindful of dosage with this one. I find her edgy just a bit, high energy in the mind but relaxing in body; not sleepy, per-say, but her come-down (hours later) can be a bit dreamy and it’s pretty easy to doze then.
Points to Consider Growing the Fat Tuesday Hybrid:
- Really easy to grow and very strong/hearty, however she will stretch decently so starting her flowering at about 12” can often result in a 3-foot plant under 300-400 watts of intense lighting.
- Fat Tuesday has broad spectrum vigor and larger yields can be had by topping her, but she will need a lot more resources to produce larger numbers of larger colas; I recommend somewhat larger container sizes to start with.
- I would expect her to excel outdoors in moderate southern latitudes, but due to her bud density, and size, humidity should be a consideration. Windy, more inland sites would work best for her.
- She’s not fussy about much of anything, and will likely grow way too fast and be highly adaptable.
- I would only flower clones of this one indoors, otherwise if that’s not doable I would allow the plants to get at least 55 days old before inducing flowering.
- This one is very stinky so be aware of this while flowering or carrying. The smells boom out well, seriously it’s a thing, LoL.
SPECIAL GROWING INSTRUCTIONS:
Please do not sprout these on a 24/0 photoperiod and KOS recommends a photoperiod of 16/8 for sprouting and until 30 days old Never use a 24/0 photoperiod. Always allow plants (clones are the same age that the seed plant would be no matter how many clones of clones) to get at least 50 days old from sprouting, before starting to flower, for maximum resin production. KOS always recommends organically growing our gear for the full appreciation of smells and flavors.