KOS – Fat Tuesday
- NAME: Fat Tuesday F2
- BREEDER: KOS
- GROWING/BREEDING STYLE: True Living Organics (TLO)
- LINE: 4-Way Hybrid Bogglegum (male) x Kali Thai – All Pre-2000 Genetics
- LIGHTING: MH/LED/T5
- PHOTOPERIODS: Sprouting 16/8, Veg 18/6, Flowering 11.5/12.5
- SMELLS: Bigtime Literally Dank and Overripe Kiwi Fruit Sweet with a Sour Twist
- WEIGHT: Large Colas & Large Yields
- FLOWERING TIME INDOORS: 70-75 Days
- SATIVA/INDICA/RUDI RATIOS: Sativa Dominant Hybrid about 70/30 Sativa/Indica
- HARVEST OUTDOORS: Last ½ of October to 1st week of November—in northern hemisphere
- GERMINATION RATE: 90%+
- GENERATION: F2 Hybrid (4-Way)
- BREEDING STYLE: Normal/Regular seeds
- SEXUAL RATIOS M/F: 50/50 Usually
- STRETCH: 2.5x to 3x
The paternal (male) P1 breeder was a single selected Bogglegum. I selected him based on my empirical experience with these true genetics myself. BOG made these seeds using his Bubblegum and Northern Lights #5 genetics; I assume the male was the NL#5 and he was using the old school real deal Bubblegum clone. I have had that clone in my possession in the past, along with growing a shit-ton of NL#5 so I selected the male based on everything-Bubblegum and I got a great one. Super stinky male, sweet, with large floral development consistent with what I believe were the Bubblegum dominant expressions.
The Kali Thai was made long ago by my old buddy Opie Kenope and is a cross of the pre-2000 Kali Mist and the long IBL Juicyfruit Thai; not the Dutch version, this was a shorter stocky more indica looking plant that was grown a lot in certain parts of Canada—wink. Fast and covered in resin with a real disabling resin profile, and intense what I would call “drooling on your shoes” weeds.
The Fat Tuesday Hybrid:
The Kali Mist and Bubblegum are both very evident in these offspring, along with some hefty cola sizes via the Bubblegum, JFT, and NL#5. She is a true sweet & sour type when it comes to her smells and flavors. Believe me when I tell you that these terpenes are unique as hell and stand apart from 90% of the smells/flavors out there. Her potency is legendary and the f2s will be a playground of awesome genetic expressions floating around in phenotype forms—and I mean yikes.
Her high-type is an intense one, and she will almost always “cut through” any high you have going on and re-write it on the spot, heh heh. Intense with long long legs, and she is so intense that I would caution peeps that get paranoid when smoking certain types of cannabis to be mindful of dosage with this one. I find her edgy a bit, high energy in the mind but relaxing in body; not sleepy per-say but her come-down (hours later) can be a bit dreamy and easy to doze then.
Points to Consider Growing the Fat Tuesday Hybrid:
- She is really easy to grow and very strong/hearty, however she will stretch decently so starting her flowering at about 10” will result in a 3-foot plant normally under 300-400 watts of intense lighting.
- She has broad spectrum vigor and larger yields can be had by topping her, but she will need a lot more resources to produce larger numbers of larger colas; I recommend larger container sizes to start with.
- She should excel outdoors in moderate southern latitudes, but due to her bud density and size humidity should be a consideration.
- She’s shouldn’t be really fussy about much of anything, and will likely grow way too fast and be highly adaptable.
- I would only flower clones of this one indoors, otherwise if that’s not doable I would allow the plants to get at least 50 days old before inducing flowering.
- This one is very stinky so be aware of this while flowering or carrying. The smells carry well, seriously it’s a thing, LoL.
SPECIAL GROWING INSTRUCTIONS:
Please do not sprout these on a 24/0 photoperiod and KOS recommends a photoperiod of 16/8 for sprouting and until 30 days old Never use a 24/0 photoperiod. Always allow plants (clones are the same age that the seed plant would be no matter how many clones of clones) to get at least 50 days old from sprouting, before starting to flower, for maximum resin production. KOS always recommends organically growing our gear for the full appreciation of smells and flavors.
Breeder’s Note February 28, 2019: HOW I WOULD RUN THESE F2s
I would top them the first time around because untopped the plants’ stretch can be crazy to deal with if you are not aware. I would trim her to like 6 mains (apical mainstems) under 300-400 watts and 8 or 10 mains under 1000 watt. 300-400 watt flowering I would use 3- or 4-gallon containers, and under 1000-watt lights I would go 5 to 7 gallons. This will allow for maximum bud production from multiple mainstems. These f2’s will be limited as we are taking them to f3 ASAP, so grab them while you can—cheers! 😊